Direction Employment is an innovative program for professional training in information technology. It targets young people between the ages of 17 and 29 from various vulnerable groups - Roma, refugees, LGBTI people, young people who have been living in extreme poverty and dropped out of school.
The aim of the project is to help young people from the involved countries to start a career in one of the fastest growing fields - Information Technology. This will reduce youth unemployment and help integrate this group into the labor market.
Some NGOs will provide training for people with high education. No completion of secondary education is required to enter in the project. Still it is important for applicants to have a basic knowledge of Mathematics and Bulgarian, which later they will have the opportunity to upgrade during the course of study. Everyone, who is interested to take part, will have to take a logical thinking test that will evaluate how appropriate the applicant is.
A comprehensive training program will be provided and it will be tailored to the needs of the students. Modern, interactive learning approaches are combined to facilitate teamwork.
The program provides:
• An interactive IT training program that meets the standards of contemporary advanced training;
• Individual approach tailored to the needs of participants;
• Psychological support - the trainees will have at their disposal a psychologist and they can rely on its assistance throughout their studies;
• Motivating environment - One of the biggest benefits of the program is the opportunity of building a community of motivated and supportive young people with common aims.
• Mentoring - trainees will have a personal mentor who will help them to put into practice what they have learned.
• Employers contacts - the team of the program will meet the trainees with potential employers;
• Internship opportunities - the program provides internships for the most successful applicants;
• Free transportation - students will receive free transport passes for the entire city network in Sofia so that they can easily fulfill their engagements to the program;
• Additional social assistance - trainees can rely on support to receive additional social assistance if necessary.
Use the contact form for more information.